Multi-Channel Marketing is not your typical consulting agency. We don’t have a one-size-fits-all approach. Everything we do starts with you. Offering in-depth experience with diverse businesses large and small, we understand online, social, mobile and traditional media (print, broadcast and direct mail) and how to combine them to achieve optimal results.
We start by listening to your needs and objectives and then conduct a qualitative and quantitative analysis of your business and the competitive arena. We know how to interpret web analytics and use this information to improve your website’s performance. We limit risk by testing prior to roll-out.
We then develop and work with you to execute a marketing action plan based on your objectives and on producing measurable financial results. But don’t take our word for it.
Read what our clients say about our work.
How We Work
While each solution is unique, we follow a set course of action when beginning a project. Our process includes the following steps.
- Listen. Many marketing agencies dominate the conversation. But we choose to follow. With guided questions and lines of query, we will hear your thoughts to diagnose what’s working, what isn’t working and — most importantly — where you want to be.
- Specify the objectives to be accomplished.
- Define how success will be measured. Whether it be sales, new customers added or another objective we firmly believe any marketing initiative needs to be measured. How else can you know if things are working and be able to evaluate results?
- Conduct Research. In addition to what we have learned in our conversations, we want to understand as much as possible about all aspects of your business that may have a bearing on the success of a project. To assist in gathering this information, we prepare a customized questionnaire specific to your business. This information is used to help us Develop and segment the profiles of the key audiences we are trying to reach and influence and to provide a more in-depth understanding of your unique positioning in the competitive marketplace.
- Develop a strategy and a plan of action including time-line, estimated costs and respective roles in implementation.
- Test it. Measure results and make whatever changes may be needed to put us on the right track to achieving your objectives.
About Alan Hecht, Principal
Multi-Channel Marketing was founded by Alan Hecht in 2001 after a 30 year career in marketing. His goal is still the same: provide smaller and mid-size business the same level of sophistication, service and marketing expertise as larger companies.
Alan’s web experience began in 1996 when he started and developed a multi-million dollar ecommerce business for a national direct marketing company. Over the last 15 years, as President of Multi-Channel Marketing, he has developed and managed online and offline direct response marketing, ecommerce and search engine marketing programs for national, international and local clients. He has a particular interest in helping start-ups, mid-sized and local businesses achieve their marketing objectives and grow their business.
He has had management and P&L responsibility for three different companies, including the catalog division at Saks Fifth Avenue and a leading direct marketer of educational products. He has also held marketing positions at Grey Advertising and Bloomingdale’s.
He serves on the Board of Directors of the Franklin Street Arts Collective (DBA) FRANK Gallery – a non-profit organization offering access to contemporary art by established local artists, and a welcoming place for art lovers to gather on historic Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill.
A native New Yorker, Alan has a BA in History from Queens College, an MBA in Marketing from New York University, and is a former Peace Corps Volunteer who spent two years in Honduras. He resides in Chapel Hill, North Carolina with his wife Evelyn (an artist), whose business Top Dog Art he helped start. The ultimate goal of Top Dog Art is to generate profits that could be used to support animal rescue, to which they are strongly committed.